Saturday, March 16, 2013

Stephenie Meyer Talks About Rob and Kristen


I begin to ask Meyer if she feels responsible for the barely imaginable level of scrutiny the actors have had to endure, but I get only as far as “Do you feel…”

“…guilt?” she interrupts. “Absolutely. Here’s the thing: there are some actors who are looking to be world famous, to be that household name, and although they might discover that there are a lot of negative things involved in that, it’s what they want. But that doesn’t apply to Kristen and Rob. That’s what makes it kind of ironic and tragic.”

Seeing that I’m taken aback by her choice of words, Meyer clarifies: “I just don’t think they enjoy the parts [of fame] that other people would. And I totally get that, because it would not be my thing either. At the same time – and this is where the guilt comes from – it’s created this nice, peaceful place for me. They took all of my heat, which I feel bad about. If they had the choice, I’ve no idea if they’d even do Twilight again. I just don’t know. I think this has all come at a heavy price.”

Meyer adds that she hasn’t seen either of them since the last Breaking Dawn premiere, and missed their company deeply on the set of The Host. Nevertheless, she hasn’t yet felt inspired to seek out any of Pattinson’s own writing, which includes a screen adaptation of the Martin Amis novel Money– about as far removed from Twilight as it is possible to get. “No, I haven’t read his script,” she admits, sheepishly, looking surprised that I know of its existence. “I’d be interested… and a little scared.”


Source | Via

No comments: