Monday, December 3, 2012

Richard Gere Talks About Meeting Rob "He Was a Perfectly Nice Guy"

As everyone knows by now, Robert Pattinson met Richard Gere on Friday when he attended a luncheon in honor of the silver-haired actor's awards buzzy film, Arbitrage, at Osteria Mozza in Los Angeles (picutres here).

But what you may not know is that Gere didn't exactly realize how major the Twilight star was.

"He was a perfectly nice guy, but I had no idea," Gere told me at the Governors Awards. "But I was getting calls from my wife going, 'What are you doing with him? He's so cute, but what are you doing with him?'"

So Gere's better half, model-actress Carey Lowell, is a Twi-hard?!

"My wife is aware of these things," Gere laughed. "I don't know that she's a fan."

eonline

2 comments:

vana said...

Cute story. Richard's wife abviously has taste. But Richard, come on, you didn't know our Rob???? Well know you do and you won't be able to forget him.

Iluvthemovies said...

I don't mind that Richard had no clue, most men don't, it is the women who have propelled Rob into superstardom, but I am glad he that Rob was a nice guy, and now he knows, maybe a possible movie with the two would be fantastic. A father and son movie, or another heartthrob passing the baton to a newer heartthrob, would be great.