Monday, November 14, 2011

New Interview with Film Ink (Australia)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic


FilmInk You're a vampire veteran now? Typecast?
"Edward is such a specific character - a benevolent vampire. I just realised that my fly is undone! I forgot what I was talking about! Umm, I doubt if there's too many ‘nice vampire' scripts out there for me to get typecast."

We get to see you in a swimsuit in the latest film...
"I wear a onesie! I look like an inflatable frankfurter! So much of the books are about Edward's body, and I've managed to avoid taking my shirt off for the whole series, whereas in the book, it's almost every three pages."

The first three movies have been fairly chaste. What about the sex scenes in this?
"There aren't actually any sex scenes in the book. It's all in people's imaginations. That said, we do have to show something on screen, otherwise people will go insane. At the end of the day, watching other people have sex is never going to be that spectacular! It's a strange thing when there's so much hype about it; you're like, ‘God, I hope this lives up to it!'"

Edward and Bella become parents in this film. How do you prepare for fatherhood?
"It's very easy to react to holding a baby that's crying in your hands. You just end up being very careful with it. What's strange is that - two months after she's born - she can speak, and then she's eleven! You just go with it, and it's the ultimate fantasy...well, to some people...you can avoid all the annoying parts of having a kid!"

Like having a dog?!
"Exactly the same thing - you've just got to leave it alone and tell it to go to the toilet outside."

The birth scene sounds very gory?
"It seemed insanely graphic when we were doing it, but it's going to end up PG-13. It was horrible doing it, especially since we did it with a real baby covered in cream cheese and jello. What a horrible introduction to film! This baby is never going to be an actor ever."

Did you have a party - or perhaps a funeral - after the film was all done?
"Yeah, it was nice. On the last day in Canada, there were like 120 people on the last scene, and it was just stressful right up until the last second, and then in the Caribbean, it was just me and Kristen, and we hardly had anything to shoot, so everybody stayed and watched the sunrise."

Do you think that you'll still be as popular once The Twilight Saga is over?
"It's always good to have a bit of hype, but I'd be interested to see how people perceive me in a couple of years, because it seems like people have been talking about the same stuff about me for three years now. I'm wondering how long that will go on for..."

This is an excerpt from a feature in the upcoming December issue of FILMINK which is on sale November 16. For more from Robert Pattinson, be sure to pick up a copy!

via

No comments: