Friday, March 4, 2011

About the 'Water for Elephants' US Premiere...

ETA: Today, Saturday, after all the not-so-happy messages on Facebook, the WFE Facebook Page posted this:



They are going to do what they can to have it in NY! We'll know more on monday


So if you bought planes tickets, booked hotels in NY, don't do anything yet. Wait for the final word about when and where the Premiere will be.



Mann Theaters website posted in their "Upcoming Premieres" section about a Los Angeles Water For Elephants taking place at Grauman’s Chinese Theater in Hollywood on April 14, 2011. Here what The Official Water for Elephants page on Facebook had to say:



The April 14Th premiere in LA is what we are trying to execute. Robert is still filming for Summit at that time so we have not locked it in.



We will have one U.S. Premiere. We have two theaters reserved but until we have everyone's schedules confirmed won't make a decision



@Hibbits tweeted about a NYC Premiere on April 17th, but it seems that nothing has been confirmed




ETA: A couple more updates about the NYC premiere





We were hoping to have NY premiere on the 17th, that was the tentative plan. Due to Summit's filming, Rob may not be able to be there so we have another event planned in LA since he may be able to make that. We are in limbo until we hear which he can make.

We still have both dates reserved. We won't know which we are able to do until Rob wraps up with Twilight.




There are currently NO confirmed premiere dates, and when the dates are confirmed, we will announce them here (on the official FB page) and on our Official Twitter account (@WaterElephants)


Looks like we'll have to wait for confirmation about the when and where, since they have to work with the actors schedules. We'll keep you updated.





ETA: A screencap from Mann Theaters website

4 comments:

Iluvthemovies said...

Mandy and Linda, tks for posting this. I am quite ticked off. I thought the 17th of April was already confirmed for NYC. I have already booked a flight. I was going with friends to the premiere and now it looks like there may only be one premiere and it is in my own backyard. Jeez. I really appreciate this, I wish I had known before from other sources that this was not confirmed. tks again. I hope we know sooner than later so I can cancel my flight if it is to take place here in LA.

Mandy said...

To Iluvthemovies

I'm updating the post as we get more info. They still dont know if its going to be in LA or NYC, so dont cancel your plans yet

Iluvthemovies said...

Tks Mandy, I will not cancel until I receive official confirmation either from your site or the official WFE website.

Unknown said...

Looks like Mann Theaters has removed WFE from that list...