Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy 'The Bad Mother's Handbook' DVD Release Day!

The DVD was finally released in the US today, so...

HAPPY 'THE BAD MOTHER'S HANDBOOK' US DVD RELEASE DAY!



Get yours right now at Amazon.com

DVD Info

THE BAD MOTHER’S HANDBOOK


PROGRAM DESCRIPTION


Based on the #1 international bestselling book by Kate Long, Twilight heartthrob Robert Pattinson stars in, The Bad Mother’s Handbook. Catherine Tate of the BBC’s “Doctor Who” rounds out the cast with Anne Reid (Hot Fuzz) and Holly Grainger (BBC’s “Demons”). The film makes its DVD, Digital Download and On Demand premiere on August 24th for the suggested retail price of $26.98.

Daniel (Pattinson), the shy nerd at school, has a crush on popular gal-pal Charlotte (Grainger) and he would do anything for her. When she discovers she is going to be a teenage mom, Daniel tries to help with all of the stress, drama and anxiety that comes with it. The drama unfolds as Daniel tags along with the dysfunctional family of three independent and outspoken women during the emotional ride of motherhood and adolescent woes. The next nine months become a journey of courage and strength filled with laughter, love and tears.

CAST


Catherine Tate BBC’s “Doctor Who,” BBC’s “The Catherine Tate Show,” Love and Other Disasters

Holly Grainger BBC’s “Demons,” BBC’s “Above Suspicion 2: The Red Dahlia,” The Scouting Book for Boys

Anne Reid BBC’s “Ladies of Letters,” BBC’s “Five Days,” Hot Fuzz, Savage Grace

Steve John Shepherd Layer Cake, Star Wars: Episode II – Attack of the Clones, From Hell

Robert Pattinson The Twilight Saga, Remember Me, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Steve Pemberton Match Point, Mr. Bean’s Holiday, The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy

Oliver Lee Hilary and Jackie, King Ponce, Awaydays, TV’s “Hollyoaks: In the City”

PROGRAM INFORMATION


Year of Production: 2008
Title Copyright: 2007 Ruby Television Ltd. All Rights Reserved.
Type: Home Entertainment Premiere
Rating: PG-13 for sexual content, language, thematic elements and some smoking
Genre: Comedy
Closed Captioned: English
Subtitles: English and Spanish
Format: Widescreen
Feature Running Time: 70 minutes
DVD Audio Status: 5.1 Dolby Digital


17 comments:

Carlie said...

You know, I dearly love Robert but I honestly do not understand why his face is the biggest on that dvd picture. He has a supporting role there!!! The only explanation is: his face helps that dvd sell faster... (and this film is really not that interesting, sorry).

Iluvthemovies said...

ITA with u about putting his face plastered over most of the DVD cover is to sell DVDs, but I do not agree on the movie. I actually liked it and thought this is a completely different role for Robert. Catherine Tate and Holly Granger as Charly were fantastic as well as the grandmother. I look forward to see Robert paired w/Holly in Bel Ami.

Carlie said...

Oh, the cast of Mother's Handbook was amazing, it's just the story itself. Well, I guess tastes always differ)))) Seems kind of weird that they play again together but really cool!)) Can't wait to see Bel ami!

ganne said...

I bought the dvd last year from amazon ( the europe zone version) Roberts picture is not on it at all.I thought the movie was great. Really shows his acting skills. Actually I own all of his movies.The boy can act, he looks different in all of his movies, loved the haunted airman, how to be , and yes little ashes.
I have to have a Rob fix everyday.

Iluvthemovies said...

It is a quirky comedy to me, but everyone views things differently and they should be respected for their opinions. That is why I luv this blog. Most of the time it respects others opinion. There is no right or wrong, viva la difference.

twmmy said...

Yes, it's funny, that Rob is the face of the dvd, but, that is the business. i think, this dvd wouldn't ell in us, if Rob wasn't in that. Tv films rarely make huge dvd sells, and so ad, that in hungary it won't be out. And i saw the film when i didn't know who is this guy, Robert Pattinson. And i liked it, for the story.

twmmy said...

And Iluvthemovies, your avatar is fantastic!

Iluvthemovies said...

I do not disagree with ur comments twmmy, u r spot on. However, I went on Amazon.com last night and the same thing that Carlie stated about Rob on the cover, the first person who reviewed the DVD said almost the same thing. I hope people know in order for the DVD to sell they do need Rob on the cover, because if Catherine or Holly were on the cover, I know in the US, it would not sell. Tks, I am glad u like the avatar. The person who created this manip, well always be my hero.

Anonymous said...

I like 'dry' british sense humour. this movie very fit with my own taste. I like many movies outside Hollywood production and mostly British and France movies. Their movie are beautiful and its make me cant wait for BEL AMI.

@Iluvthemovies...ITA w/u about everyone views things differently

and uuhhh I luvvvre Daniel Gale
and their accent very cute....

Iluvthemovies said...

@erpatz, I luv foreign movies, I don't mind subtitles. Many US citizens just do not appreciate film if they are unable to understand the language. I appreciate all things about film. British, German, Japanese, Spanish, Mexican, Russian, plus the many other countries too numerous to mention. It is a bounty of riches IMHO. Robert portraying Daniel Gale (Swhing), he was wonderful in that role.

JA said...

why is rob on the cover? it's called, keeping your job.

19Angie84 said...

In Germany that DVD is available for several weeks or even month. This the DVD and also those of Little Ashes, Born to be and The haunted Airman have a big sticker on top: "With R.P. the star of Twilight"...
Money reigns the world...

Nicole said...

Did you know you can rent BMH on Itunes. I just watched it. Actually, it was a very touching movie. Being pregnant myself, i cried for the last 20 mins. And the taking care of an elder parent hits home.

For the part, i think Rob hit in right on the nose. I like watching independent films on netflix, wish this one was an instant view.

behnaz said...

:X:X:X

meleny said...

I watched the movie on Youtube and I really liked, I love Robs work in this movie, I'm going to get it!

Laura said...

I saw this in the HMV in the Eaton Centre today in Toronto :)

Unknown said...

@ilovethemovies I'll take your word for it. I'll go and shop it at my local HMV. Thanks

@JA did I say before that you're amazing?:) am I sucking?