Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Rob Visits a Twilight Fan's House for the Oprah Show


Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket


Maria(the lucky fan) says: Well….it all started with an email to the Oprah show. I just told her that the entire family were huge fans and if you came over and you were NOT a twilight fan then “YOUR NOT COMING”. Where? We didn’t know. We just said your not coming to anything with us unless you were a fan. They apparently loved that line. So Sunday night they called and said that the show was totally booked but there might be a slight chance that we can pre tape something with skype. Now…she said a very slim chance. They were calling thousands of people. She asked me to send pics of my family. So in order to get their attention I thought I would be a great idea to take pictures as the “Cullen Family”. I waited all day on Monday to hear from them to see if we would be doing the skype thingy. Just when I started to give up it was around 10:30pm and they called. THE TWILIGHT PICTURES DID THE TRICK. They were so amazed on how my son Giuseppe looked so much like Edward. They told me to expect a skype kit to pre-tape a very short segment around 8pm on Tuesday night. They told me a hundred times “Sorry the show is full & we couldn’t give you tickets.

So on Tuesday the skype kit came and I waited all day again for directions on how it was going to work. They called at 5pm and said we were going to do a practice run with skype and we would be live with oprah on the show in the morning. They told us do not dress up wear comfortable cloth because you will be moving furniture and it was just a test run. She actually told us to wear our pjs. At 8pm they called us on the skype cam to set everything up. We wasted about on hour just setting up the room. They kept telling me make sure all the blinds are close the camera is sensitive to light. (which now I know it’s because they didn’t want us to see him pull up.)

They were asking random questions really just filling in time until I saw a camera crew through the small window on my front door and the people on skype heard me and said “go open the door” Well….that was it we all lost it. Screaming like a bunch of maniacs. Rosanna was crying, Giuseppe was frozen and everyone else was jumping a screaming.

He stayed for about 10 minutes. Even though it felt like a week. And we just were all amazed that he was in our house. I told him me and Rosanna stalked him in NYC for the Remember Me premiere and he said “yeah I think I remember you” which was an obvious joke. I asked him is Kristen was here too and he said “well fine…I’ll just leave then”. Other things were said but I was in so much shock I cant remember. It is so weired. His lips were moving and I know he was talking but all I heard was wah wah wah. (kind of like snoopy and Charlie Brown). Then he told us we had tickets to the show. Again lots of screaming. He was great. So nice. Funny. And sooo tall. You was beautiful. I still cant believe it. So we went to the show and they had our names on our seats so we felt to privileged. Robert, Taylor, Kristen, & Dakota all sat and talked to oprah and then they showed the footage of him knocking on doors. He went to 3 homes in Naperville. We were the last ones. When he was leaving my house he said to the camera “I really want to stay and hang out at this house.”

It was amazing. We all got a certificate to order Bella’s engagement ring from eclispe. The audience got to see the movie while he made his visit to our house. It is something we will never forget. Oprah & Robert was great but hearing my kids say “thanks for making this happen”……absolutely priceless!!!

Source: Pattinson Ladies and thanks for the heads up :D

18 comments:

H2B said...

I have a dear friend who lives in Naperville. She's going to cry once she finds out he was down the street from her.

But I think this was totally cool of Rob agreeing to do this.

sabatonk said...

Wow. I can't even imagine that happening. That's awesome for you!

...wowie! said...

Is that his "sex me" hair because I LOVE IT!

Unknown said...

I want to see the photo they sent in dressed as the Cullens!

Anonymous said...

This story is amazing! What a lucky family. And for him to do this just shows what kind of person he is. I know you will cherish this forever.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful moment for you and your family. Can't wait to watch the show. I also agree you need to post the pic of you all dressed as the Cullens.

Unknown said...

Aw great pics! I wanna see them dressed as the Cullens too! Imagine having Rob show up on your door step. I wouldn't be coherent at all.

DarkAngel2Wolf said...

I'd die if I found out he was down the street from my house and I freakin missed it! This has to be my favorite fan story. That's so cool of him to have done that. I would have been the same if he showed up in my house. I'd know he was talking but it'd take 20 mins for the shock to wear off!! I say to him "Hey come over and hang out ANYTIME you want Rob." After hearing him say he wanted to stay and hang out at my house if I was them! Great story I'm sure that family will never forget that!

melisahhhh said...

Oh my god.... I also live in the naperville area. and thats crazy that he was here last night. and he was here...
I wouldve literally flipped a lid if he came up to my home.
i hope he enjoyed chicago & naperville for the short amount of time he was here. it's such a beautiful city.
Rob is such an amazing guy and its so awesome of him to agree to this. he made people's day, even lifetime.

Jane said...

Wow, what a story and how comfortable Rob seemed on being there. I am beginnng to think that all people in American is short for Rob is always head and shoulders above everyone else. What they would have been like to open your door and there stands the man of our dreams. It doesn't get any better than that.

Anonymous said...

omg!!! lucky lucky you! oh rob when will u knock on my door :)

OCD56 said...

This is the sweetest thing I have ever seen. Robert is so nice and funny. I bet Robert said he would like to hang out at this house because he misses his home in London and he has to stay in hotels all the time.

piebeary27 said...

OMG, Rob is sooooo sweet and absolutely beautiful!!!!! Don't ever change Rob, we love you just they way you are. Sexy, sweet, and down to earth! Don't ever take this crazy a$$ fame seriously!!!

meleny said...

OMG! Rob looks so hot and happy. What a nice and wonderful experience, thank you for sharing it !

Jane said...

Now that is is sexy hair. I will be looking forward to see Oprah on the 13th...yea...Rob's birthday. He is becoming such a great man and actor. Just absolutely love him.

behnaz said...

voalaaaaaaaaaa
nice
lucky fansss

Unknown said...

HE wasnt in naperville he was at my neighbors house and we live in bloomingdale no joke

CALYXYLAC / Cindy Black said...

romanticdeathforever