Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Elizabeth Reaser Calls 'Eclipse' Tent Scene 'A Chaste Three-Way'



Elizabeth Reaser might play Edward's adopted vampire mom, Esme Cullen, in "Twilight," but that doesn't mean she can't find the "Eclipse" tent scene to be one really sexy moment. If Twi-Hards thought it was hot in the book, Reaser said, then they really need to see the flick, out June 30.

"The tent scene, I remember that being one of the hottest scenes in the books, so I'm excited to see that," Reaser said when she stopped by the MTV News offices Tuesday (May 18). "I'm Team Edward, so I can't relate to [Bella] being torn [between Edward and Jacob], but I mean, come on, vampires are cool! Wolves are super hairy and they smell disgusting, like dogs."

Reaser said the tent scene ups the sexual ante in the "Twilight Saga." "The tent scene is sort of a three-way — I mean, it's a chaste three-way, but it is, nonetheless, a three-way," she said. "So I do think that ups the sexiness factor in this movie, but I don't know. The first movie, I thought, was intensely sexy, because they couldn't touch, and to watch them fall in love was so sexy. And I love that, in the books, they all have great chemistry. So it's fun to watch."

Regardless of how chaste the tent scene is, Reaser understands that Twilighters are anticipating it. "I have no realistic idea of what excites people. I'm always surprised," she said of what fans are looking forward to. "If I were a fan? I'm starting to sound like a sicko, but I would say the tent scene. I mentioned it like five times now. It's getting weird. That's my son! I'm happy we're not really related, so it's not that weird.

"I'm excited to see the action, like running through the forest," she added. "I was running on the back of the truck at 30 miles per hour, so I'm excited to see that."

MTV via KstewRobFans