Friday, October 9, 2009

'Tu' Magazine Scans - HQ now


click for HQ



Rest of the scans - Interview



Translation

We attended the Cannes Film Festival when we were told we were going to interview the It Vampire. Yes, Robert Pattinson! After a very hectic year, he took the time to walk the red carpets and enjoy the glamour of the rold’s most famous Film Festival. When we arrived to the place where the interview would take place, we still could not believe we were going to talk to him. Outside his hotel there were thousands of fans waiting for him. He’s the guy of the moment and the first thing he tells us when we meet him is that he still can’t believe this is happening to him. According to our chat, he considers himself a normal guy and he swears he has a very boring life. So on top of being increadibly handsome, this guy is adorable and down to earth. How can you not fall in love with him?

Robert, how do you feel today that so many girls around the world dream about you?
Honestly, I think it’s all part of the illusion of filmmaking. I didn’t do anything out of the ordinary to be so famous. It all comes down to those five minutes of emotions that you give to people and that’s nice to feel. It’s part of the magic and everything that comes from making movies.
The expectations, the dreams, the fantasies; it’s all an illusion. I’m a very normal guy, I can promise you that.

Do you enjoy the glamour of this profession, walking down red carpets?
Yes, I love traveling all over the world and being at a Festival like Cannes. Having those five minutes of Glamour and excitement is amazing, as long as I can have my normal life back. Those are the moments that you can only have making movies and you have to enjoy them. But the best part of it is when you go home (laughs).

What has been the most difficult part of being so famous?
Facing crowds. I’m very shy. The fact that I have to walk down the strees and knwoing that people will recognize me and scream my name is something that makes me a bit paranoid. I can’t be anywhere for over 20 minutes, because with the Internet and how fast news travel, I become surrounded by paparazzi and fans.

Tell us the truth, has being famous helped you get more girls?
(laughs) Yes and no. At first, girls can feel attracted to that, but then they realise you’re a real human being, with flaws and qualities, and there can be a certain disappointment. Many times girls find out that everything about you was just a fantasy. I think, in the end, I’m just like any other guy. I can’t be what everybody else wants me to be, I’m just me. And you can find many girls that have preconceived ideas of you, or imaginary things and that can be a problem, because when people find out you’re not really like that, they are disappointed. I have to confess that before making this movie I believed that the being famous could help me get more girls, but then I realized that is not as easy as I thought it was. In the end, if you like a girl, you still have to work hard at winning her over! (laughs)

What other things did you have to learn?
That I have to be very careful with what I say and the information I share. I’ve learned not to share too much. But that’s a life lesson that anyone can learn from. You have to think things through before you open your mouth.

Besides being an actor, what’s your dream job?
Being a pianist. Music fascinates me, I love it. It’s my passion. And I think I could’ve been very happy with being close to a piano and make a living out of it.

Are you aware that this is the moment in which your life is going to change forever? Thanks to this saga you’ll get any role you want.
I know, but sometimes I try not to think too much about it because it scares me to death. I feel that things are happening so fast and I have to constantly choose without having any time to analyze, because if I do, I might miss my chance to do it. You can’t be an actor who can afford to wait five years to do his next movie if he feels like it. You have to find the best job for you in the next months, otherwise, the industry and the people will forget very quickly about you. So you make a comitment to stay eficient and quick when you’re going to choose what’s next. When you have nothing to lose, it’s great, because you just accept the challenge and try to make it work. But when you really want a long term career and build a good image, all of this becomes a very stressful thing.

Speaking of the future, what would you like that new Moon gave to your career?
I want more than the film being succesful, to have more freedom to choose other projects that I want to do later. That’s why I hope the movie does great. That’s how the industry works, and to be able to do what I like to do things need to be able to go well and succeed, right?

People talks all the time about how wonderful you are. Do you agree?
Not really (laughs). The truth is that I was refusing to audution for this role for months because after reading the book I thought it made no sense to show up, I swear! To me, who ever played Edward had to be some sort of model, with the perfect body and someone who was able to do the most physical performance. And I don’t see myself that way at all. So I thought “Fine, I’ll go to the audition, I’ll be myself, and that’s the best thing I can do”. I never thought I would get the lead.

Rob has no luck in love. He said “I’ve never really fallen in love, but I try to be a sromantic as possible. A year ago I could’ve walked up to any girl and neither would’ve been interested. I’m looking for someone with character. If I ever find her, you know what I would do? I would write her hundreds of love letters”.

Is is true that to play Edward you had to work out a lot?
Yes, but I realy started with that almost at the end of the movie. And I did it mostly to feel better about myself. I didn’t just want to have muscles and a perfect six pack, I wanted to be as healthy as possible. That shows in your attitude and in your confidence.

Are you still playing music?
Sure! I played a lot of music in London and I always remember those days when I took a ride in my car and thinking how being a musician was the coolest job in the world. I imagined myself playing in restuarants by the beach, with sunsets next to the ocean. I play the piano since I was five, so music is part of who I am.

Speaking of Edward, what do you think you have in common with him?
I don’t know. I’m very sensitive and shy. I have supernatural powers too (laughs). No, i wish I did. But I’m too normal.

What are we going to see with this new movie?
I can’t say much because it’s a secret. The idea is to surprise people and eventhough it’s based on the books, Chris Weitz gave it his touch, so you have to go see it! What I can assure you is that it will be visually stunning. chris is a genius and he loves to explore the New Moon world to the fullest. You can’t miss it. I haven’t seen it and I’m dying to see it.

Source:Twilight Poison

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like what he said about working it - it is so true - I have just started to get fit again after 6 years of being unfit and his attitude inspires me to keep going

Unknown said...

sorry about typo I meant to say working out :)

Antonella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
meleny said...

Thanks for the scans, I like this magazine.