Tuesday, August 4, 2009

OK (UK) Interview

I thinkt this interview is probably fake or old, but here it is.
Tell me what you think



BEING Robert Pattinson can’t be a bad life for the 23-year-old star - after all, not a day goes by without him being mobbed by teenage girls screaming his name.
However, despite all this, he still remains refreshingly modest and can’t seem to understand what all the fuss is about - resulting in his appeal being added to even more for his thousands of fans the world over.

Talking to OK! recently, the hot young star filled us in on his new found fame, explaining some of the stranger things that have started happening to him since becoming a worldwide phenomenon little under than a year ago: ‘A mother recently gave me her baby and asked me: “Can you please bite her head?”

'People ambush me and try to figure out what hotel I’m staying at, as well as wanting to touch my hair. Everyone just screams and screams. It still feels surreal.’

Thanks to his role as dishy vampire Edward Cullen in Twilight, Brit heart-throb Robert is set to climb even further into the stratosphere when he sinks his teeth into the role for the second time in New Moon – set to hit the silver screen in November.

Here, Robert talks about why he’s no longer scared of his crazy fans, fancying his Twilight co-star Kristen Stewart and what he looks for in a girlfriend…


Did you have any idea what you were in store for when you signed up for Twilight?
No way. I read the script and I barely even knew that they were books too. The only reason I went to the audition was to see Kristen, because I’d just seen Into The Wild.

Are you saying you had a little bit of a crush on her?
Of course! No, we are just very good friends.

But there have been a lot of rumours about you two…
I know – but honestly, we are just friends.

Do you have a girlfriend?
No, no. I am young, free and single.

What do you look for in a lady?
I like people being forward. Gosh, I don’t know. I like strong people, chiselled abs… I don’t know, I take what I can get!

You have a huge amount of female fans, are you ever scared by them?
I had no idea people could get so obsessed. But it’s not scary – it’s amazing. People just project their idea of my character on to me and they just seem to assume that I’m the same, when in reality I’m not.

How comfortable are you with all the idol-like attention?
It’s kind of weird, but I still haven’t really had time to reflect on it because I’ve been doing stuff to do with Twilight and my other movies.

I’m working constantly and I feel like I’m always surrounded by Twilight people – if not my work colleagues, then my fans. Right now it is fans – it’s a little bizarre if I’m honest.

Have you had any weird fan experiences?
One time there were these four girls, in ChicagoI think, and they had all scratched their necks until they bled and then when they came up to me they had these bleeding scabs. It was gross!

What is the hardest part of being Edward Cullen?
Probably trying to be scary when you’re supposed to be looking pretty at the same time.

Does it worry you that you may always be cast as a heart-throb?
I’m so surprised things have worked out the way they have, I just keep thinking the whole time, I don’t really have the right personality to fit in to that kind of role.

I’m not really afraid of it, though, because I don’t really know how to play up that aspect of it.

Why do you think Twilight fans are more obsessed than Harry Potter… fans, Lord Of The Rings fans and Matrix fans?
I don’t know, but they definitely are. There is this strange kind of connection that some people have to the books – it can be pretty extreme.

I think there are fans of Harry Potter… that are like that as well, but I guess this story is just so intimate that people think they really know the characters and can feel the emotions.

If you could live forever, like Edward Cullen, what would you do?
Probably learn to speak French. Or I might spend three weeks straight with no sleep learning the piano. You’d get really good at stuff because you would have time to do everything.

You have said that Edward is a little obsessive – are you surprised that girls think of Edward as the most perfect boyfriend ever?
It’s weird, but girls always seem like that. Being a guy, you always just look at girls and think, why are you with that guy? With virtually anyone the nice guys always seem to come last.

You always get weirdos like Edward who seem to attract women for some reason. If Edward wasn’t a fictional character and you met him in reality he is like one of those guys who would probably be an axe murderer or something.


source

8 comments:

pattinson fan said...

I think this is old. I have seen/heard most of the questions and answers before.

Unknown said...

This is an old one, I remember seeing this somewhere I just can't remember where!

Lexi55 said...

An old interview.

sj said...

Sorry, but I just can't imagine him saying this..

Do you have a girlfriend?
No, no. I am young, free and single.

Come on!

madampamperdor said...

Ive heard most of them before too but I think some of the questions are fake because when asked if he could live forever like edward he said learn the piano, all of us know that Edward aleady knows how to play and Rob plays exceptionally well already, so why would he need to learn?

Rachel said...

I think he has a girlfriend???

Azlina Ilzdaf said...

I think this interview is old...twilight time maybe.

Anonymous said...

fake AND old. It's questions from different stuff all mushed together. The bit about what he likes in a girl is from the Q&A thing at the apple store before Twilight came out. ...I just watched it again yesterday, I didn't like, memorize it. lol. Anyway, some of it seems to be made up, I mean "I'm young, free, and single" ???? Can you seriously imagine him saying that?