Thursday, February 19, 2009

No music from Rob for New Moon?


TWILIGHT star ROBERT PATTINSON has turned down the chance to contribute to the soundtrack for the vampire movie's forthcoming sequel - because he wants to keep music as a back up career.The British actor is a talented composer, pianist and guitarist and wrote two songs for the original movie, helping the soundtrack top the U.S. album charts upon its release last year (08). But Pattinson insists he's now taking a backseat to rockers Paramore, who are penning the title track to the movie's sequel, New Moon - because pursuing music professionally was never his intention. He tells America's OK! magazine, "I really didn't want it to look like I was trying to cash in. Music is my back up plan."

6 comments:

The Dreamer said...

Well, thats a bummer but I can understand his point. Music is my FIRST career, and acting is my back up! Hey Rob, how about you come over and tune my guitar for me??

The Garver Family said...

I'm sad. I so wanted to hear more of his music. He's just brilliant.

Anonymous said...

I totally respect that though. I think he can be successful with his music w/out it being in one of the films again.

The Nozshe said...

NO! :[

(as long as he releases an album somewhere along is career ;P..)

Unknown said...

No!

I do respect what he wants though....

Sheri, RN said...

I'm sad too. I think that if he enjoys it as much as he says he does, I don't see why he couldn't do both when offered the chance.